Reasons to Go to a Barber for Men’s Haircuts
Where do you usually go to get your hair cut? Do you come out of the place feeling satisfied with the results? If not, then it’s likely that you’re going to the wrong place for men’s haircuts.
Going to places with words in the name such as “clips” or “cuts” is not wrong. However, such places don’t typically cater to the specific hair care and maintenance needs of men. General stylists work in these places; they know a lot about hair – which sounds fine – but they’re usually trained to cut women’s hair rather than men’s hair.
If you want a proper trim and grooming service, your best bet is to head to a barbershop. A barber is trained specifically to address men’s haircuts and styling needs. Not only do they deal with the mane, they also take care of beards.
Why You Should Find a Great Barber
Where you go to get your hair cut is ultimately your decision, but there are a few reasons you should go to a barber for men’s haircuts. Here are the reasons:
- A barber knows men’s hair. Cutting, grooming, and styling men’s hair is what a barber is trained for. Sure, you can get this service at the salon nearest you, but such places employ cosmetologists who also specialize in other services such as coloring and perming – services you most likely won’t need. A barber knows the typical hairstyles that men prefer, and can even make suggestions depending on your hair type and the shape of your face.
- A barber works in a shop that caters to men. Salons tend to be fancy places where everyone and anyone can mix and mingle. A barbershop, on the other hand, is usually very masculine, which appeals to those who prefer that kind of environment.
- A barber can provide great conversation. Talk is one of the ways to avoid boredom while waiting to get your hair done. Be it sports or current events, you can trust that you and your barber will have interesting things to talk about. This is not to say that salons are boring places to have a chat; it’s just that barber shops have an atmosphere that allows a man to relax comfortably.
- A barber offers services specifically for men. Hair isn’t the only thing that barber’s know how to care for, style, and groom. They are familiar with many aspects of male hair, including the facial area. Meaning, you can ask your barber to style your beard or your mustache. Plus, you can get a hot lather shave at a barbershop.
- A barber stocks specialty men’s hair products. Salons tend to be more geared toward female hair care or general hair care in their offerings. Barbershops are more specific, plus a barber can even make certain men’s haircuts suggestions based on your hair type and styling needs.
If you want a hair care service that fits your exact needs, then choose a barber to care, groom, and style your hair. It will be money well spent. At Salon Cristina we offer both talented hair stylists and barbers to cater to all of your hair needs.
Salon Cristina Proudly Provides Salon Services to the following cities and their surrounding areas: Albany, Altamont, Guilderland, Guilderland Center, Rotterdam, and Schenectady